Layout templates are Space Builder content areas containing rows, columns, and modules, which can be appended to or replace existing layouts. After a layout template is added to a page, any aspect of the layout or content can be modified.
Layout templates are accessed from the Templates tab in the Content panel
There are two types of layout templates in Page Builder:
- Built-in layout templates
- Custom layout templates
Built-in layout templates
Page Builder comes with a number of built-in layout templates, which can be a shortcut to designing your pages. Use a layout template that’s similar to the design you want, make tweaks to the layout, and add your own content, and you’ve got a great looking page in no time. Or just try out various layout templates for inspiration or to learn how the layout was constructed.
Landing page templates
Landing page templates are layouts suitable for use as a landing page or home page. The following screenshot shows some examples.
Content page templates
Content page layouts focus on specific types of pages, such as portfolios, contact, FAQs, or a signup form. The following screenshot shows a few examples.
Custom layout templates
There are several ways to get custom layout templates.
Save your own layout templates
You can save the Page Builder content area of any page or post. This is useful in several ways:
- You want your site to conform to a layout across more than one page.
- You want to use the same layout or content on another site. In this case, you can export the saved template and import it in the other site.
- You want to share your layout with another person, or they want to share with you. Exported layouts can be used by anyone else with the same premium version of Beaver Builder.
Import custom layout templates
You can import custom layout templates. These can be layout templates that you’ve exported from another site or that someone else has exported and shared with you. See the Related Articles for information about importing and exporting layout templates.
Appeared by magic
Custom layout templates can seemingly appear out of nowhere. In this case, chances are that they were installed by a third-party plugin that integrates with Beaver Builder. Check the documentation of any Beaver-Builder-related plugins to see if they install custom layout templates.
Page Builder 2.x: Custom groups can be created programmatically for layout templates, so third-party layout templates can appear as a group on the Templatestab, and you’ll have a better idea where they came from.
Manage custom layout templates
- You can categorize, edit, or delete custom templates through a central Templates admin panel.
- You can organize the display of your custom templates into categories in Page Builder.
Page Builder 2.x custom layout template categories:
Page Builder 1.x custom layout template categories:
- You can export custom templates to use on other sites, or you can import templates from your own sites or other sources.
- If you have the Agency version, you can replace built-in templates with your own set, making it easier to provide your clients with your own custom solution.
See the Related Articles to find out more about how to work with templates.
Alternatives to custom layout templates
Layout templates save the entire content area of a page. If you want to go smaller, there are these options.
- Duplicate the layout to a new page
You can duplicate the Page Builder content area to a new page on your site without the need to save it as a layout template. See the Related Articles.
- Save individual rows and modules
You can save and export individual rows or modules. If you save them as global objects, you can make a change in once place and the change is reflected everywhere else in the same site. See the Related Articles for more information