The Gallery Module is used to display a gallery of images from either the WordPress media library or a SmugMug gallery that you specify. Choose the Collage layout to display images in a mosaic. Choose Thumbs to display thumbnails of the images in a grid.
The Gallery module has the following options:
- Image size (for collage layouts; the Thumbs layout always displays thumbnails)
- Space between images
- Whether and where to display the captions
By default, longer captions are cut off with elliptical periods. See the Related Articles for the CSS to insert a full wrapped caption.
- What to do when an image is clicked – open either a lightbox with Previous and Next arrows or a larger version of that single image
Here’s an example of the collage layout.
The ordering of the photos in both collage and thumbprint view matches the WordPress media gallery order that you set up. When you create or edit the WordPress gallery, you can reorder the images by dragging and dropping.
There is an exception to the lightbox ordering for collages, however. In that case, the lightbox sequence goes down the first column, then down the second column, and so on. For example, the lightbox order for the collage shown in the first screenshot is 1, 4, 7, 10, 2, 5, 8, 3, 6, 9.
You can choose the images from your WordPress Media Library, or your SmugMug gallery.
To use a SmugMug gallery:
- Navigate to the SmugMug gallery you want to use.
- Click Share and then choose Get a Link > Feed Links.
- Copy the RSS link and insert it into the Feed URL field in the Gallery Module.